69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Boy, Were We Wrong About Dinosaurs! - Freebie - Text Exemplar

I think one of the hardest Common Core standards to find resources on is the informational text standard requiring students to make connections between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures. My latest activity for a Common Core text exemplar includes activities for the book Boy, Were We Ever Wrong About Dinosaurs!  


Students read details from the story and categorize them according to what we currently believe about dinosaurs or what we thought in the past. The file also includes an activity on antonyms that pertain to the text. Just click on the pic above to download the activity.

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think about my series of activities for the text exemplars.



11 comments:

  1. Thank you for these activities! This helps fill a need my team has as we plan for implementing the Common Core standards next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the series on the text exemplars you have posted!! Our school is getting ready to implement the Common Core standards and this will be a huge help. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making my book wish list longer! :-) Thank you for all the text exemplar activities related to the Common Core standards. Our second grades will be fully implementing in math and partially implementing in language arts in the fall. (Although I am not sure how to do it partially!) I am loving your posts not only because they are great resources for the classroom, but also because they are helping me to become more familiar with the standards myself by providing great examples. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all you do!! I'm not so stressed about Common Core now with your GREAT resources!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I chose you for an award! Come check it out :) http://alwaysalesson.com/2012/07/04/my-first-award/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ordered this book from Amazon today so that I could do this activity! As always, thanks for sharing! :)

    Jessica
    Mrs. Heeren's Happenings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for all your hard work putting these extended activities together! These are so very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow~these text exemplars are great!! I can't wait to try some of these games and exercises in my classroom. This is my second year teaching second grade and I am looking for ways to incorporate the Common Core in my classroom. It is very rigorous so THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete