69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Sunday, March 10, 2013

What a Weekend!

I spent all day Saturday and today in Nashville with our State Department of Education training with other teachers from all across the state to be an ELA Common Core coach. It was intense, but exhilarating! Seven hundred teachers were trained so that we can go out this summer and train over 30,000 teachers in implementing Common Core this summer.

I had the pleasure of working with Dr. Deborah Glaser and other third grade teachers from across the state. I've totally revamped what I'm planning on doing in my classroom tomorrow as a result of her literacy training. I learned more in these two days than I did in all of my undergrad and graduate work in college! Go {HERE} to learn more about her.

Here is my morning work for the week. I made the font a little larger so it's easier for the kiddos to see when I project it. (That was their suggestion). Thanks for all the emails and comments I received from last week's work. Hope you can use this week's too.
Just click on the pic above to download.

6 comments:

  1. Wow!! What a weekend is right! I cannot wait to read more about your journey in how your state is implementing the core. I wish I knew what our plan was for implementation!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these!!!!! YOU ROCK!!! Do you have the students copy them in a notebook?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been doing common core all year. It is driving us crazy because our county hasn't given us much to go with it. Thank goodness that most states are doing it and so many teachers are posting things on their blog. It has saved a brand new third grade teacher! Thank you for all your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I look forward to all the info that you will share! I am your blog stalker :) I wonder if we (OHIO) has anything like this. I would be interested in becoming a trainer. Do you know if other states have this opportunity?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited to learn more about how your district is implementing the Common Core! I am already one of your followers (love your blog,) and look forward to more posts about the CCSS.
    Teaching By The Sea
    Pam

    ReplyDelete