69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Monday, November 19, 2012

Updated Polar Express Activities

I posted lots of activities for The Polar Express last year. I've learned a lot about making activities since then, so I've gone back and redone all the activities, added some new ones, correlated them to the Common Core ELA Standards, and put them into one big file. 

Your students can practice sequencing activities, matching synonyms, parts of speech, and alphabetical order. I added cards with discussion questions for the book. If you don't have a copy of The Polar Express, you can listen to actor Lou Diamond Phillips reading it online at StoryLineOnline.
Just click on the pic above to get the file. Please leave a comment if you download the activities. I'd love to know what you think.

I've reached the one thousand followers mark, so be looking for details for a giveaway in the next few days!

26 comments:

  1. The link is not working yet. I'll try again later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is terrific!Thanks,Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute- can't wait to use this. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOw! You put a lot of work into this unit! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The email link didn't work, but this one did! Your activities are so well made, and having them aligned to the common core is an extra bonus... thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise:
      Sorry about the problem with the email link. I don't know what the problem was. Glad you were able to get the file.
      Mary

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing everything that you share! I love all of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the first time that I've seen your blog. I can't wait to pickup a copy of Polar Express at the Library. Not wait you've even included an on-line copy of the book. This is amazing! I appreciate your sharing of all of this. I'll try it on Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You put a lot of time and effort into your lessons. The quality shows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of your activities! I used some of your Halloween activities and my kids loved them! They begged to play them over and over! I can't wait to use these next week. My favorite book of all time is The Polar Express. These are wonderful!!! Thank you so much for sharing! You are truly talented and very sweet for sharing these talents with other teachers!! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your site this morning from a pin on Pinterest. I am in LOVE. Thank you so much. I have spent hours looking at all kinds of things on your site...WOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cant view the link and im a 1st yr teacher..i was wanting to incorporate The Polar Express in my lesson next week and ending it by showing the movie on Friday. please email me the link or any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you,
    Velma Cantu
    velmaordz@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your sharing your resources!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing all your wonderful activities. I always love to visit your blog.
    Jett F.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks very much. You are so generous with your activities!
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for all your hard work in making these! I think I will use the synonyms as a scoot!
    jamie b

    ReplyDelete
  16. Says I need acess to the file..

    ReplyDelete