69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Magic Prefixes - Freebie

My kids had a hard time coming down from their Halloween high! I needed to get them up and moving to work off some of that excess energy.
This prefix activity was perfect for a whole group activity.
There are four "magic prefix" cards for four students to hold up. Other students walk around and try to buddy up with a prefix card to make a new word. The class keeps a list of the new words on the board. Some root words can be paired with more than one prefix.
After making a list, students break off into small groups and choose two or three words to use in sentences.
Just click on the pic above to get the activity.

9 comments:

  1. Seriously Mary!!! How do you come up with such creative ways to teach the same old same old? I love everything you create and I always open your posts first. Thank you so much for sharing. You are also a very generous person to give away every incredible lesson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fancy Nancy! I love hearing from you.
      Mary

      Delete
  2. Thank you! :) You are wonderful to share your creations.

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited to be catching up on blog reading tonight and see that you used my Magic Clipart. Thanks for making my night and for the freebie.

    Mercedes
    Surfing to Success

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've bought more of your cute, cute, cute clip art, Mercedes. I'll be posting more soon!
      Mary

      Delete
  4. I love your magic prefixes! I love to check out your blog to see what exciting new treat you have designed for us today! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elaine. I gave my kids a pointer to use as a magic wand when they were working with this. It added just the right little zing to it!
      Mary

      Delete
  5. This will be a great hands on activity for my resource students. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using this for my formal observation! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete