69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Rolling! Rolling! Rolling! - Freebie

Putting dice or number cubes in a Math station seems to just knock the kids' excitement level up a notch. They think it's a game instead of work or practice!
I gave them four dice. They rolled them and made two two-digit numbers.  Next, they had to add the two numbers together. If they had to regroup to add, the problem had to be circled.
Click on the pic above to get the easy directions.
(Please roll a comment my way, too!)

8 comments:

  1. You are on a roll with everything you create, Mary! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzy! My kids love working with dice.
      Mary

      Delete
  2. Love it!!! Station for Tuesday. I think I will also use this same idea for subtraction because my kids need the practice with trading big time. Thank you for your great ideas and resources.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Fancy Nancy! I have some subtraction dice activities, too, that I'll be posting within the next few days.
      Mary

      Delete
  3. Hi Mary:
    I think I am going to throw in some decimals and use it for sixth graders.
    Thanks for sharing!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! May add a couple extra dice for differentiation for my "Challenge Kids"... they always want to do it just a step up. Or we could have them multiple the two 2-digit numbers. Thanks for the idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some more dice activities for regrouping in addition and subtraction I'll be posting within the next few days. Keep checking my blog.
      Mary

      Delete