69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Plenty of Practice - Freebie

Have you used place value disks as a manipulative for building place value? My kids love them as a change from the place value blocks we frequently use.

You can order the disks from Crystal Springs books. Click on the pic above to get the ordering info.
You can use the disks in the activity I've posted below to practice adding and subtracting with regrouping.
Just click on the pic above to download.
(Please leave plenty of comments!)

7 comments:

  1. I love those discs. I haven't seen those before, they're great:) Love any activity you make:) Would love you to link this up to my Monday Made It linky:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara,
      Sorry I missed the Monday Made It linky. If you do it again this coming Monday, I'll add it then.
      Mary

      Delete
  2. This is fantastic! I made my own place value disks this summer, and students have really enjoyed working with them. I'm going to use this activity in the coming week for my intervention students.

    Julie
    Math is Elementary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids like working with the disks more than the place value blocks. I think I need to order more!
      Mary

      Delete
  3. I LOVE your freebies!!! I rush to my e-mail every morning to see what is there :-) My kiddos have LOVED everything so far !!! As this is my first year in 2nd grade I truly thank you :-) I LOVE these especially since I am teaching place value during our math swap to those who need lots of extra practice... One question.. will one bag be enough?? Thanks
    Karen
    tommysmom0206@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, I think you will want more than one bag. THe kids love them and will all want to use them.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete