69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Day After!

Here's a pic of my FABULOUS second grade team from yesterday!
I love these ladies!
(That's me in the Bat suit.)


If there's one thing I've learned in thirty years of teaching, it's to be sure to have fun, attention-grabbing activities planned for the day after Halloween! Since Halloween was a Wednesday night this year, it's going to be a looooooong day today!

One thing I'm planning on doing is scheduling a little time for two free online programs I have asked my families to use at home. Since not all families have internet access, I try to give some class time every so often so that all kids can participate.

The first site is one I used last year. My kids L.O.V.E. it!
SumDog pits your students in races against other students in your class, your school, or across the world in online games to practice math skills. I have it set up to focus on second grade Common Core math standards.

ScootPad has fun activities for both ELA and Math Common Core standards. You can set up a reward system for your students, too.
Both programs are free and customizable for your classes. Click on the pictures above to go to their homepages. If you haven't used them yet, check them out now! It's well worth any class or home time your students spend on them.

If you haven't entered my giveaway for the Magic Moves Electronic Wand from Educational Insights, go {HERE} now to enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment