69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Thursday, March 1, 2012

If the Cat in the Hat Came to My House..... -- Freebie!

My kids may be third graders and think they are too big for Dr. Seuss books, but they were captivated by the old favorites, The Cat in the Hat and The Cat in the Hat Comes Back, when I read them today. After talking about rhyme and rhythm, they started getting a little goofy and wondering what would happen if The Cat visited them. (The Cat is actually coming to see them Friday morning, but they don't know that yet.) Their goofiness led to some great descriptions, so I asked them to brainstorm ideas about a visit from The Cat to their home. Tomorrow, I'm giving them this document to use for their final drafts. 
Graphics by KPMDoodles.com  Fonts by KevinandAmanda.com


We also took pictures of each student using this little app on my iPhone. Click on the pic below to get info on downloading the Dr. Seuss Camera-The Cat in the Hat edition. It was definitely worth the $1.99 to hear all the giggles and listen to the ideas for their stories the pics generated!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the great idea of the cat and the hat application. I was able to integrate technology into my lesson plans, and have the students do a writing activity.

    ReplyDelete