69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Monday, November 7, 2011

Author's Purpose -- Why reinvent the wheel? (And a Freebie!)

We begin studying author's purpose this week. I have found so many great ideas on Pinterest and blogs and decided to use them instead of reinventing the wheel and coming up with my own. 
I'll use post these signs on my wall to help remind the kiddos of the three types of author's purpose.
They're from Mrs. Gilchrist's Class.


Then, we will make our own pies from those really cheap paper plates like the ones below from Dandelions and Dragonflies.



After we have practiced by sorting different books, magazines, and other text, I'll give each child a book order form. They will cut out examples of each type of author's purpose and glue onto the correct slice of pie. Click on the picture below to download the worksheet.







3 comments:

  1. Great idea to use the book order flyers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those posters too! :) they're super cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. So perfect...I am reviewing for that Unit 2 test! Love all your activities!

    ReplyDelete