69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Halloween Reading - Freebie!

Pull out your Halloween and Fall books and pair students up. Give them this recording sheet to guide their discussion. One student writes a question in a box. The other partner writes the answer in a complete sentence. They swap roles for the next box. You can also require them to write the page numbers from the text where they find the answer. I usually add this step when my students are just learning to refer to the text for their answers. It adds a little accountability.

This helps address the following Common Core standards:
RL 2.1  Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.

RL 3.1  Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.


Just click on the pic above to get the recording sheet.

If you haven't entered my giveaway for the cool Watch It! elapsed time clock from Educational Insights, go {HERE} to enter now!

2 comments:

  1. You've been BOO-ed! Check out my blog for more details.

    :) Nicole
    Tadpole Tidbits
    www.mrscorbitt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your materials, and I can't wait to try them with my kiddos. Thank you for sharing your clever ideas!

    ReplyDelete