69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Jack's Magic Beans - Freebie

I bought some of the clear acrylic trays divided into three compartments from Dollar Tree this summer. I added stick-on letters to label each compartment either H, T, or O. 


I'm putting the trays into a Math station with these directions for some fun place value practice. 

Students can play with a partner or alone. They toss beans into the tray and tally up the number of beans that land in each compartment. They record the number they make in standard and expanded form.

Just click on either of the pics above to download the directions and recording sheet.

Let me know if your kids like it!


3 comments:

  1. I did this with my girls today and they loved it! They have similar sectional containers at Target's Dollar Spot! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this! Great for my intervention kiddos.

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete