69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Monday, February 20, 2012

Picture Pie -- Fractions

I decided we needed some hands on time with fractions since my kids are having trouble "seeing" that one half is the same as two-fourths and other equivalent fractions. I started looking for ideas and found Ed Emberly's Picture Pie, A Cut and Paste Drawing Book

The pictures in the book are so stinkin' cute that my kids wanted to make their own RIGHT THEN, no waiting!
Here's what they came up with. Each child added a post-it telling what fractions they used in their picture.




Cute, cute, cute!

6 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Ed Emberley is so awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    2B Honey Bunch
    The Best Endings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Mary! My search for this book begins now. My kids will love it!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Jennifer
    Lifelong Learning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I'm on the hunt for that book too!
    Jenn
    A Pirates Life for Us

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to tell you that you are wonderful! Thank you for all of the free resources. I am a third grade teacher and it seems like you are always working on the same stuff I am. It is soo helpful. If there was a way to put this comment on every post I would. You're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! We use his thumbprint books for Mother's Day, but now I want this one too. Thanks for sharing!

    Christi =)
    Ms. Fultz’s Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! Thank you so much for sharing all your wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete