69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

SRSD????? --Freebies!

Our State Department is training teachers to use SRSD as we teach writing.
I've been asking for a reliable way to teach writing for YEARS! Here it is FINALLY!
(At least I hope so.....the proof is in the pudding. We'll see what happens when we use it at school this year.)
SRSD stands for Self-Regulated Strategy Development. Students are given strategies, mnemonics to help them remember, and lots of modeling and practice to help them internalize the strategies. For more info, click {HERE} to visit the thinkSRSD website.

I've made three packets to help our teachers as we incorporate them into our instruction this year. If you would like any of the information, just click on the pictures below. Each packet contains 25 pages of materials to help you as you implement  SRSD. There are different versions of the materials to help you differentiate for your students. Everything is free! I designed the files to be used in a writing notebook. Make sure you visit their website so you'll know how to implement the materials.  As I learn more, I'll be updating the files and adding more goodies. Keep checking my blog to stay up to date.



If you have a certain theme you'd like to use, leave me a comment and I'll try to make one for you if I already have the clip art. I think this is THAT good and want EVERYONE to know about it!

(Click on the pic below to follow my SRSD Pinterest Board. It's my latest obsession for pinning!)


If you want more info, check out the following book.


17 comments:

  1. Any kind of "ocean theme" (whales, etc.,). Thanks so very much for sharing!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll work on yours and get it posted later this week.

      Delete
  2. Do you have football players?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Check my next blog post for your football players!

      Delete
  3. Owls would be simply OWL-tstanding!! I think it would be a HOOT for my students! :) Thank you for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard to SRSD - but I'm checking out the book :). Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in the TN state training this week as well! I'm LOVIN' this strategy. We're developing a padlet wall for all the resources that we find to use with this strategy and I'm adding this blog post! Thanks for sharing! I'll be sharing more about the resources we discovered and created on my blog later this month...along with the link to the padlet wall. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Mrs. Samuelson's Swamp Frogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be checking your blog. I want all the info I can get. Thanks for sharing my info. I posted more earlier this morning.

      Delete
    2. I attended the workshop last week that Heidi's attending this week Keep the info coming! It really helps!

      Delete
  6. I left a comment yesterday but I don't see it now. Love this. I have a dog theme in my classroom if you have any clipat. Thanks darred13@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why your comment disappeared. I did read it, because I am posting a dog packet in my next blog post. Check back!

      Delete
  7. Do you have any clip art for lions? Thank you for sharing this all; you're a lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lions are scheduled for later this week! Keep checking back.

      Delete
  8. Do you have any sock monkey clip art? Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you have any clip art for bears? That would be great! THanks for being so helpful!
    barbieri1@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete