69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Expanding Sentences -- Freebie

We have been working on expanding sentences for the past several weeks. I gave my kiddos simple sentences and asked them to expand them by adding adjectives to the subject. Next, they wrote new sentences adding words that told about the verb. Their last sentence told either where or when about the verb. Once they had written the sentences, I asked them to illustrate their work.

Here's a few samples of their work.







Click on the pic below if you want a copy of the simple sentences I used to start the activity.

I'm giving away a freebie each day of October to celebrate Halloween. Check back tomorrow to add your link to the fun!

15 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about doing something for this. Thanks!
    The Science Penguin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We were just working on this :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great activity! Thanks for sharing it!
    ΡΌ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just the best!!!
    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did this yesterday with the kiddos after first doing an example with them. They wrote some awesome sentences 'with fluff' as we like to call it. Thanks for the helpful freebie. Ps. I'm addicted to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing these creative ideas! I don't have much time left to design materials for my 3rd. graders and I am sure they are going to love these! I find the activities great to motivate children to start writing! I really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE A GR.6 WORKSHEET TOO. PLZ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're the best! You have truly helped me design my unit with your posts on expanding sentences. Thanks fabulous teacher!

    ReplyDelete