69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My Favorite Snow Books -- and Another First Five Wins!

Since snow is still on my mind, I'm pulling out all my snow books to use with my kiddos. Here's a list of some of my favorites and a freebie to go with them. (I've included links to Amazon so you can get more info about the books.)

Here's an oldie, but goodie. I love anything by Ezra Jack Keats



Another oldie, but goodie….
White Snow, Bright Snow, by Tresselt and Duvoisin



Snowmen at Night, by Carolyn Buehner


My kiddos are always entranced by learning about Snowflake Bentley.



They pour over the pics in Snowflakes in Photographs by Bentley himself.


I don't have this version, but the description says it includes a CD of the snowflakes. Just imagine what you could do with that!



Gail Gibbons will always have a place on my bookshelf. She is a great introduction to informational text.



Here's your freebie for both snow-themed literature and informational text. I've included the CC ELA standards for first, second, and third grades. These graphic organizers help guide your students' thinking about what they have read.



Just click on the pic above to get the file.

I'll also give away a free product from my TpT store to the first five people who follow my TpT store and comment with the name they use to follow, their email address, and the product they want me to send.



15 comments:

  1. Love your snow recommends...have used many of them and will look for the others.

    I follow you as 'summersuzy' on TPT and I would love Santa's Sentences if I am one of the first five to comment.

    tokyoshoes at hotmail dot com

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's your lucky day, Suzy Q! You've always been a loyal follower, so I'm delighted to declare you winner one! Check your email. I'll be sending it right out.

      Delete
  2. Hi, I follow you as Darred13 on TPT and I would love to have Santa's Sentences. My email is Darred13@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winner Two! Check your email. I'm sending it out now.

      Delete
  3. Good morning! I follow under StephanieBuck. I love your items and how generous you've always been to share your creations. I would love to receive A Pirate's Treasure of Multisyllable Long Vowel Sound Words.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Stephanie
    stephaniebuck17@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winner Three! Check your email. I'm sending it right now! Have a great day!

      Delete
  4. Lucky cmpound sentences
    Alewis725@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elaine Laws...eclaws@wsfcs.k12.nc.us
    Expanding the Kingdom- Writing and Expanding Sentences


    I love your stuff and have a bunch of it. Thanks for helping us teachers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elaine. Send me the name you use to follow me on TpT and I will send the sentence packet right out to you.

      Delete
  6. Am I up early enough this morning? Thank you for the freebies! If I am one of the first five, let me look at what I would like. dawnschechtman@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I follow as Dawn Schechtman.

      Delete
    2. If I am one of the first five I would like "I "Mustache" You to Think!" There were so many great products! Stay warm today. Hard to do where I am.

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for the graphic organizers; they are terrific and helpful:)!

    Happy New Year,
    Sara
    sweetsarabowling@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete