69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Friday, March 7, 2014

St. Pat's -ly Hunt -- Freebie

When I was a Common Core Coach for our state this summer, almost every group of teachers I worked with wanted to discuss Reading Foundations Skill 3.3.a: Identify and know the meaning of the most common prefixes and derivational suffixes.

A derivational suffix changes the meaning of the word and usually changes the part of speech of the word. For instance, happy is an adjective. If you add the suffix -ly to happy, it becomes happily,  an adverb.


Today's freebie gives your kiddos a chance to get up out of their seat and find the adjectives on cards you have hidden around the room. They record the adjectives and add -ly to make the word an adverb. Once they have the new word, they must write a sentence containing the word.

Click on the pic above to download your freebie.

Looking for resources for a particular CCSS in either Math or ELA? Leave me a comment and let me know!

3 comments:

  1. This packet is perfect for what we are learning and super cute! When I try to print this packet it says , "This can not be displayed." Can you email it to me please? Thank you so much! my email is hwg2g2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot! This is a really really useful material, and its very nice too.

    ReplyDelete